The difference between the Get and Post Request. Let’s check some of these differences
1) Just in case of Get request, only a limited amount of data is often to be sent because data is sent in the header.
Just in case of a post request, a big amount of data is often sent because data is delivered in the body.
2) The get request is not secured because data is revealed in the URL bar.
Post request is secured because data is not revealed in the URL bar.
3) Get requests that can be bookmarked.
Post requests cannot be bookmarked.
4) Getting a request is idempotent . It means second appeal will take no notice until response of first request is delivered
Post request is non-idempotent.
5) Get requests are more systematic and used more than Post.
Post request is less systematic and used less than get.
These are two common methods for the request- response in middle of a server and client are:
GET- Data is requested from a specified source.
POST- Processed the specified data from the source and submitted it.
The string of query (name/value pairs) is delivered inside the URL of a GET request:
The data is sent in the requested header in the case of GET request and we all know that. It is a default Request kind. Want to see what information is delivered to the server? Let’s see here
The string for query (name/value pairs) is sent in the HTTP message body for the Post Requests:
POST/RegisterDao.jsp HTTP/1.1 Host: www.intellinuts.com name1=value1&name2=value2
We all know that in case of post requests the original data is sent in a message body. Let’s see how the information is passed to the server in the case of a post request.